This is a unique event for Early Career Researchers, aimed at the management of the anxious child during dental treatment, funded with resources from the Newton Fund / British Council, Foundation for Research Support of the State of Goiás (FAPEG) and Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personnel (CAPES).
- To share knowledge about child behavior management, sedation, and minimally invasive restorative techniques
- To establish new research networks between the two countries and among the participants
- To propose a course plan to be taught in different Brazilian postgraduate programmes that address the behavioral management of challenging children
- Prof. Marie T. Hosey, King's College London, England (https://kclpure.kcl.ac.uk/portal/m.t.hosey.html) - Coordinator
- Prof. Luciane R. R. S. Costa, Federal University of Goiás, Brazil (http://lattes.cnpq.br/9906371509661305) - Coordinator
- Prof. Tim Newton, King's College London, England (https://kclpure.kcl.ac.uk/portal/tim.newton.html) - Mentor
- Prof. Avijit Banerjee, King's College London, England (https://kclpure.kcl.ac.uk/portal/avijit.banerjee.html) - Mentor
- Prof. Marcelo José Strazzeri Bönecker, University of São Paulo, Brazil (http://lattes.cnpq.br/2344744435088763)- Mentor
- Prof. Paulo Sérgio Sucasas da Costa, Federal University of Goiás, Brazil (http://lattes.cnpq.br/9224543529268366) - Mentor
- Thirty-four Early Career Researchers, who obtained the PhD after 2007, who meet the eligibility criteria specified in the document below (Application Form)
- The selection of participants will also consider the recommendations of the Researcher Links 2016-2017 - CONFAP / British Council / Newton Fund, which states that there should be 17 participants from each country or at least 8 participants from each country
- A maximum of one third of the participants can be recruited within the coordinators' and mentors' institutions
- Participants must attend the event in full, from October 14 to 18, 2017
In addition to participating in a high level scientific and integrative event, participants will have their airfare, lodging and food costs assumed by the event. There is no registration fee.
- Paediatric procedural sedation focusing on dental sedation
- The psychologist's perspective on the challenging child
- Minimally invasive restorative dentistry
- Simulation for sedation training in pediatric dentistry
- Hands-on in dental sedation
- Planning a course for pediatric dental sedation at a postgraduate level
- By the participants:
- Oral presentations - how do Brazilian and UK institutions teach children's behavior guidance in dentistry?
- Research session - poster presentations
- Cultural presentations (dance, food, handicraft, songs, etc.)
Are you interested? Apply until April 28, according to the orientation of the documents below!
|Related Files||Size||Archive Fingerprint|
|IRC Call for Participants||716 Kb||6f25320dff5ca67be1032dccf49b639c|
|IRC Application Form||567 Kb||368fda8a3189bd30e4980ccd8e86f058|